sexta-feira, 23 de setembro de 2022

Mutual Friends . Divine Comedy

 

No matter how I tryI just can't get her out of my mindAnd I when I sleep I visualize her
 
I saw her in the pubI met her later at the nightclubA mutual friend introduced usWe talked about the noiseAnd how its hard to hear your own voice
 
Above the beat and the sub-bassWe talked and talked for hoursWe talked in the back of our friend's carAs we all went back to his place
 
On our friend's setteeShe told me that she really liked meAnd I said, "Cool, the feeling's mutual"We played old 45'sAnd said it's like the soundtrack to our lives
 
And she said, "True, it's not unusual"Then privately we dancedWe couldn't seem to keep our balanceA drunken haze had come upon us
 
We sank down to the floorAnd we sang a song that I can't sing anymoreAnd then we kissed and fell unconscious
 
I woke up the next day, all alone but for a headacheI stumbled out to find the bathroomBut all I found was her, wrapped around another loverNo longer then is he our mutual friend

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário